My Nose is Too Wide for my Face and Lips. Is There Any Expert Advice? (photo)

I think getting lip injections would help make my nose look more proportionate to my lips, but i still think my nose is too big/ wide in general. I really feel like my nose is too wide, to long, and sticks out too much (the tip). Any expert opinions and advice on how I can fix this would be so appreciated! I bothers me SO much.

Fixing Nose Width (Rhinosculpting)

+2

From the photos you submitted, it appears that the area most out of balance is your nostrils. Your tip cartilages are not particularly wide and your profile is quite nice as well. You seem like a perfect patient for a  Rhinoculpting procedure.

I might consider just an alar base reduction as a possibility for rebalancing your frontal view.

If you are looking for a bit more, then some kind of tip plasty reduction might be considered as well. However, if you do this, you may need to narrow the nostrils even more.

All the best

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose.

+2

First of all leave your lips alone.  The bulbous tip can be refined etc. to give you what you want. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

Rhinoplasty that refines the tip and also reduces your nostril width would achieve your goals

+2

Dear Starr,

Based on a quick view of the pictures you sent we would agree that the main issue for you is the overall width of your nose on front view, which is where people see you anyways. Your profile in the picture looks pretty good and at least here does not look to be over- projected- ie stick out too much.

In our experience rhinoplasty that refines your nasal tip along with alar base reduction to reduce the width of your nostrils would make your nose more proportionate to your face.

Warm Regards,

Peyman Solieman, MD

Peyman Solieman, MD

Rhinoplasty to make nose proportional to facial features

+1

Balancing the nasal tip with the rest of the nose is accomplished by a combination of techniques in the nasal tip, which include sewing the tip cartilages together to narrow them and sometimes removing a portion of cartilage when necessary.  An alarplasty is performed to narrow wide nostrils. Most patients need a full rhinoplasty to narrow and balance the entire nose.  Occasionally, just a tip plasty can be performed if no other nasal surgery is required.

Rhinoplasty, nose is too long and too wide,

+1

The nose can be addressed with a rhinoplasty operation.  These are surgical maneuvers that can refine the upper, middle and lower portions of the nose.  The length of the nose can be addresed as well as the width of the nose.  Essentially, the goal is to improve the harmony of the nose  and the face.  You should want the nose to appear organized and not have part of it draw unwanted attention or overwhelm any of the other parts.  The nose should fit the face as well.  I would recommend a consultation with an expert in rhinoplasty to further discuss with you your concerns so you may arrive at a treatment plan.

Michael A. Carron, MD
Detroit Facial Plastic Surgeon