Why is my nose is still very upturned 5 days after Surgery? (photos)

My nose is very upturned. And while I can believe that this is due to the swelling, it believe it shouldn't be this significant? It's been 5 days now, I know that is very short as well.. But still it seems like a very large difference..

Why is my nose is still very upturned 5 days after Surgery?

+1

In general this "could" be due to swelling. But the manner you posted the photos makes it very hard to be sure./// See your surgeon to discuss!

Short Nose 5 days after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very common to have a shorter and more rotated nose than desired shortly after surgery.

Swelling plays a large part in this as it can blunt the nasolabial angle, as well as created pulling on the skin flap as the tissues expand with swelling.

Despite the nose having a shorter appearance, unless your surgeon took active steps to shorten your nose, it should derotate as the swelling dissipates.

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
If there is any concern, your should return to your surgeon for an assessment.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Nose Upturned and Short?

+1
Remember swelling will exaggerate the elevation of the nasal tip. At 5 days there is still a lot of swelling.
Consult your surgeon, be patient, and if necessary seek a second opinion.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon