My Nose Looks Upturned 2 Weeks Post Op, Will It Drop?

I had a rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. My cast was removed a week later and now i have tape on it. It was also a deviated nose. But now it looks a bit like a pig. Is it because of swelling and will it drop?

+1

It certainly might drop as 2 weeks is very early in the postop Rhinoplasty stage.  Give yourself 4-6 months to see the final result and as always, ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon this question.  

Upturned Tip Following Cosmetic Rhinoplasty 2 Weeks Ago

+1

It is quite difficult to make any accurate judgements regarding your nose this soon after rhinoplasty. You would be surprised how much swelling, particularly in the nasal tip, can create artificial temporary distortion of your nose - especially only 2 weeks out from surgery. In some cases, rhinoplasty surgeons will also intentionally overcorrect with certain reshaping maneuvers depending on the starting point and desired outcome. If this occurred in your case, your tip may actually begin to drop down over the following weeks to months. The bottom line is - it is much too early to worry. Just try and be patient. Tape your nose as recommended by your plastic surgeon. And be optimistic. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will tip drop?

+1

Without photos and knowing exactly what your surgeon did the only thing that is for certain is that you are very early in the healing process and your nose will change quite a bit over the next several months.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose changes after rhinoplasty

+1

The nose will continue to change over the next several months.  Although there is a rapid decrease in swelling in the first few months after rhinoplasty, the swelling takes 12-18 months to completely resolve.  As all these changes settle out, the waiting can be agonizing!  Try not to stress out too much over the appearance in these first few months.  

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Elevated tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Wait for all the swelling to resolve.  You will not see you final results far at least three months.  Keep your head up at night and be patient.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

2 weeks is too early to make a pronouncement about the outcome of a rhinoplasty.

+1

Your tip is not going to "drop" after a rhinoplasty but the appearance will definitely change over the next several months.  I would recommend you not agonize over the appearance of you nose at such an early interval after your rhinoplasty.