My nose tip still looks bulbous after 21days of rhinoplasty? (photo)

I got rhinoplasty done 21days ago.. tiplasty, Alar base reduction and silicon implant for bridge. My nose tip still looks bulbous and I accidentally hit my nose lightly for 2 times..now it hurts a little and had brown discharge when I gently clean it. Is my nose tip still swelling and isit normal?

My nose tip still looks bulbous after 21 days of rhinoplasty?

+1

21 days is still soon after surgery, and it is not abnormal to have swelling present. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery, and your nose will continue to change as you heal. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any post-operative concerns, as he or she knows the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Nasal swelling is normal 3 weeks after surgery

+1

It is completely normal to have swelling in the tip of the nose 3 weeks following a tip refinement or tip-plasty operation. Your nose will improve in time. In some cases it can take months or a year to see the "final" results. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. You have a nice early result. Best wishes.