What Would Need to Be Done to Make my Nose Tip Refined and Thinner and to Get Rid of the Bump? (photo)

I have been wanting to get a nose job ever since i was 15 and when i turn 18 im going to do it. I just feel such low self esteem and try to turn my head to the side so that people dont see my nose from the side view... I really dont like the bulbous tip either. What are the surgeries that would need to be performed? What are the risks involved? and What would be the cost for that. I also heard that people die from rhinoplasty. What are the chances of that? Here are some pics of what my nose.

Rhinoplasty is a very safe procedure

+2

The first condition for rhinoplasty is a patient who is motivated and has the very issues you report: a hump and bulbous tip. The majority of patients who get rhinoplasty do very well and are happy with their procedure. I suggest you seek out a specialist in rhinoplasty, someone who does this procedure often and it comprises the majority of their practice. I also like computer imaging to help visualize potential results.

Talk to a doctor in person

+2

Other than saying you could have your nose done, you need to seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who does noses. They can give you prices and more info. This is a big country and prices vary all over the place.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tip refinement and hump reduction are common goals in rhinoplasty

+2

Based on what I see, I think you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty.  Your hump on the bridge looks moderate to small in size, which makes it easier to treat.  The bone and cartilage would need to be lowered and then re-suuported to that the structural shape of the nose remains stable.

Tip surgery is a bit more intricate, but still readily performed.  In your nose, your tip cartilages look strong, outwardly curved (convex), and wide.  In my opinion, your tip should be less rounded and have a more soft triangular shape. Take a look at the linked video lectures in which I discuss how best to treat a nasal tip like yours.

As for your other questions, cost varies a lot surgeon to surgeon but at minimum would likely start at $5K in total costs and can go quite a bit from there depending on region and surgeon.  Risks are small for a young healthy person like you--mainly bleeding or infection, which are both easily taken care of.  Risk of death from the surgery is virtually zero.  Best of luck!

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon