Can my Nose Tip Be Further Refined? (photo)

Hi - I am considering a rhinoplasty. I received computer simulated pics from a dr but I was hoping for something more refined rather than simply a reduction of my existing tip - does that make sense? I wonder if my tip could be raised a bit as shown in profile? What do you think would be possible for me? Advice on how I would explain any details to my dr would be great. Thank you for your time.

Rhinoplasty for thinner tip

+2

Thick, oily sebaceous skin will be a limitation to attain the computer  imaged goals. It is best to have a frank discussion with  your rhinoplasty surgeon  in for you and your surgeon to understand what can and cannot be performed during the  rhinoplasty procedure

Rhinoplasty

+2

The first images posted seem a bit unrealistic with the length of nose you have and the thick skin envelope. That is why computer imaging may not always be reliable.

Refining the nasal tip.

+2

Your tip can be refined and elevated. Your thicker skin will prevent you from getting a tip as narrow as a thin skinned nose. 

Can my Nose Tip Be Further Refined?

+2

I think the computer simulated images show a marked improvement that will be hard to achieve with the skin envelope.  I do not think it would be possible to achieve the results of the example with the blonde hair.  Your best chance in all of this is to find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Can My Nose Be Further Refined?

+2

Without an exam, I cannot make a recommendation.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has a lot of Rhinoplasty experience.  All the best!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Can my Nose Tip Be Further Refined?

+1

Dear Ottawa,

Thank you for your post.  I think the computer simulation is at the limits of what a rhinoplasty can do for you in making your nose smaller.  Your tip could be raised a little bit as well.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon