Can I have my nose done a second time?

I had a bump in the middle of my nose shaven down in dec 2011. It left me with a crooked nose from frontal view. Sides look great, as my intention was to get rid of the bump. He has created another problem taking care of the first one. I will provide pictures, please give me your direct email. Thanks

Can I have my nose done a second time?

+1
Sometimes a crooked septum is unmasked after a dorsal hump is removed.  This can be improved with a revision closed rhinoplasty.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

+1
Revision rhinoplasty is  always harder than a primary rhinoplasty, so look for a surgeon with lots of experience. The twisted nose can be caused from either crooked nasal bones, concave upper lateral cartilages or the tip itself being twisted. Without pictures, it very difficult to give any opinion on what may or may not be required.
Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to reset them if they are crooked. Spreader grafts are  placed underneath a concave upper lateral cartilage which can also give the appearance of a crooked nose. A tip rhinoplasty is required to straighten the nasal tip.
For many examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the link below.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
I agree with Dr Pensler. Photos are very helpful. That being said, a crooked nose can be improved with nasal bone in fracturing and septal straightening.

Good Luck!!

David Shifrin, MD

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1
You can always have a second surgery the key issue is will the surgery result in a positive change.photographs in a situation like this are important and often an examination is useful as well.

Jay M. Pensler, MD