Can my Nose Be Made to Look the Same from Either Side?

nose different shape on each side of profile, can this be corrected? I have already had one nose job surgery

Revision rhinoplasty to correct asymmetric profiles

+1

Revision rhinoplasty surgery is always harder than primary rhinoplasty.  Asymmetries are always best addressed at the time of the rhinoplasty to make sure the nose is symmetrical.  Sometimes this involves the removal of cartilage on the high side and adding cartilage in on the low side or concaved side, such as a spreader graft.  These are all done through either closed or open rhinoplasty techniques by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Revision rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear 100blue,

• If the differences are minor, then you may be amenable to injectibles
  • You should see someone for an exam if you are serious about your goals, that way, all of your concerns can be addressed

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1

No.  Faces are asymmetric by nature and the nose will be similar.  The shape of the nose, IMHO, should be sleek, refined and un-obtrusive but little is gained aesthetically by trying to make it perfect or symmetric.  A symmetric or perfect nose will never make a face attractive by itself.  There are other aesthetic features that dicate whether a face is perceived as young, old, male ,female, attractive or less so.  Experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons should possess that aesthetic understanding IMHO.

Asymmetric nose following rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Most individuals have some degree of asymmetry, and it is not always realistic to try and bring the face into perfect symmetry. In general, the goal with rhinoplasty is to create a nose that is in harmony with the face and complements one's own facial features. It is possible to make improvements to the nose with a revision if necessary, as the nose itself can have asymmetries following surgery. An assessment can be made during an in-person consult. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

An asymmetric nose will make the two profiles look different

+1

If the shape of the bridge, tip, or nostrils is asymmetrical, the two side views of the nose may also look different.  These differences may actually be more easily seen when you compare the left and right 3/4 views.  Most nasal asymmetries can be treated with a variety of rhinoplasty (or revision rhinoplasty) techniques.  The method would depend on the specific issue. 

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon