What Can Be Done With My Nose? - The Everything Bagel (Photo)

My nose has a lot of aspects I would like to change. If I could rank what I would like changed I guess I would say I want the bulbous tip to be thinner and more defined. Next I would like my nose to not be so over projected. Then if possible I would like the hump to be removed. Lastly, the nasal bones are set wide.... pretty much I would have a whole new nose. I'm wondering if a lot of these things are possible? When the hump is removed aren't the nasal bones moved closer together? Which Rhinoplasty Surgeons Are Capable Of This Task? A Bulbous Tip + Overprojection + Hump + Nasal Bone Width?

Rhinoplasty can address bulbous tip, hump, over-projection, and nasal bone width

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves shaving a dorsal hump, lifting the tip, and possibly adding a small bit of cartilage in the supratip area of the nose to give straight dorsal aesthetic lines.  The bulbous tip can be reduced by removing some cartilage or by suturing techniques, depending upon the presenting issues.  Narrowing of the nasal bones is performed with osteotomies and deprojection of the nose is accomplished at the same time.  This can all be done through closed rhinoplasty techniques as an outpatient procedure in an ambulatory surgery center.

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Yes, everything you describe is possible, and it appears you would obtain a fantastic result from an open rhinoplasty with osteotomies and tip work. 

An open roof deformity can occur if a nasal hump is reduced and osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) are not performed, or not performed properly.  During a nasal hump reduction, the tops of the nasal bones are shaved down to decrease the appearance of the hump. This can make an opening in the top of what is referred to as the “roof.” Performing osteotomies can help to move the bones inward and reduce the open roof.  They will also help decrease the width of the nose.

I would recommend a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon that has a great deal of experience. Thank you, and I wish you the best of luck.

Most rhinoplasteis need to address all aspects of the nose: hump, tip width, tip projection (how far it sticks out) tip angle

+1

It is rare that someone needs "just a hump" or "just a tip" reduction in rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty is about balance. When you meet with a rhinoplasty expert, they will review all aspects of your nose. I like using computer imaging to simulate the changes that can me be made. It helps patients visualize potential changes as well as demonstrating that both patient and surgeon are on the same page.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_rhinoplasty.html

Improving the shape and appearance of your nose can be done with a rhinoplasty

+1

It looks like you've done your homework!  As you mentioned, the tip of your nose can be made less bulbous, the dorsal hump can be shaved down, and your nose can be made narrower by gently "breaking the nasal bones."  The projection of your nose can also be decreased by suturing the cartilages of the tip back several millimeters.  The recovery takes about 5-7 days with 2 weeks off of exercise.  I use nasal splints on the inside of the nose if cartilage is needed for shaping the nose, and these are removed in 1 week.  Having done many rhinoplasties, I believe you can get an excellent result!

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/PhotoGallery_Rhinoplastynosesurgery_236311.aspx

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is good that you can identify your problems in such a detail. The answer to your questions is yes. All is possible in one surgery and you may to have the nasal bones broken if you develop what is called open roof during surgery. Good luck

Rhinoplasty

+1
A good rhinoplasty possible septorhinoplasty will help with all of the above mentioned concerns. If you want to see the realistic changes you have described I would suggest consulting with a surgeon who uses a digital Imaging computer they can show you the proposed results and they should be very similar to your final result. This will help you visualize the changes expected and make sure you are on the same page as your surgeon. You may also need changes in regards to the functional aspect of your nose so that when the nose is thinned the breathing does not become obstructed. A good examination and consultation with an experienced nasal surgeon will be helpful in anwering all of your questions. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Well-performed rhinoplasty techniques may lead to tipand bridge narrowing, tip deprojection, and hump removal.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your nasal photos:

You appear to have realistic expectations, but one of the limiting factors with your nose is the thinness of your skin. Thin-skinned patients with firm underlying cartilage are more prone to develop visible irregularities after nose job surgery, so the expertise of your surgeon is important.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Full Septorhinoplasty

+1

In essence you are describing a full or complete rhinoplasty. Your concerns are both warranted and all such changes can be successfully made. Your rhinoplasty is a difficult one so I would expect substantial improvement in all areas but not complete perfection.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyrhinoplasty.com

Rhinoplasty

+1

Many if not all of these things sound reasonable depnding upon how your nose looks like in person. An exam in person is key to discuss your goals and review realistic expectations.

Full rhinoplasty

+1

The limited exposed photos demonstrate you need a full rhinoplasty. Best to see A few boarded rhinoplasty surgeons iin person.