Is my Nose Really the Most Difficult, Impossible Nose to Reduce and Reshape? Can Anybody Please Help? (photo)

I've had 3 rhinoplasties by two surgeons (closed, open) and still have a huge, badly-shaped nose. I have thick skin which is limiting, but both of my doctors were too conservative. I've made many sacrifices over years to pay for this (over $10,000). I want a nose that makes my face look different. I disagree with balancing my features. My face would look great with a small nose.That's what I paid for. I don't care if people know I had it done. I want a big change, not a big nose.

Updated: Photo added

THick skin

+2

Yes it is hard to assess from your photos but thick skin is the most limiting factor in any rhinoplasty and most wise and experienced rhinoplasty surgeons will decline surgery or be conservative in these cases because it can make substantial refinement impossible

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Lokia, I'm sorry to read that you are disappointed with your previous rhinoplasties. Unfortunately you photos are inadequate. I've specialized in facial plastic surgery since 1988 and have done a lot of primary and revision rhinoplasties. Over the years the percentage of revision rhinoplasties has increased and become a greater and greater percentage of my overall number of rhinoplasties.  To become good at revision work takes years of experience, the ability to honestly critique your own work over time and some god given talent. I would suggest that you find plastic and/or facial plastic surgeons that have over 20 years of experience and perform a high volume of revision rhinoplasties. Look at photos and interview with at least 3 separate physicians. Go with the one who you feel is the most qualified. Good luck! Should you need further information please see my web site.

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+2

Sorry to hear that after multiple surgeries you are still unhappy. We would need to see you or larger photos to evaluate what more can be done. The good news is there are options for you but we would need to do a full consultation to determine. Good luck

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Rhinoplasty Revision for Additional Nasal Reduction

+2

I'm sorry you're frustrated with the results following your previous surgery. I need to see pictures, as described on my website, to respond to your inquiry. 

Is my Nose Really the Most Difficult, Impossible Nose to Reduce and Reshape? Can Anybody Please Help?

+2

A fourth rhinoplasty may give you the improvement you would like, but I honestly cannot discern much from the small photos.  An exam or more standardized, larger photos would help in this.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Need larger photos!

+2

Hi, Lokia,

Love to help, but we can't tell what your nose is like from those tiny photos!

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon