My nose looks the same after revision rhinoplasty. Is this swelling or will I need a 3rd surgery? (photo)

I had surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago to correct my droopy tip and correct the right side of my nose that looks much bigger. My nose does look shorter but my tip is more towards the left and my nostrils are still uneven. The right side looks exactly the same making nose still look crooked. My doctor assures me it's swelling. Is this normal ? Will my nose shrink down on the right side?

My nose looks the same after revision rhinoplasty. Is this swelling or will I need a 3rd surgery?

+1

You are still early in recovery.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Tip revision

+1

Not having seen you prior to surgery and only having one phot to go by I would say your need to be patient and allow all the changes to the nose that are going to occur to occur then if there is a problem go back to your PS

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty, 2 1/2 weeks post op

+1

The answer to your question is wait. Especially in revision rhinoplasty the swelling can persist for an extended period of time causing distortion in the appearance of the nose. The acute swelling can persist for 3 months. The final surgical result is never appreciated until 12 month after surgery. I am sure that your surgeon will be happy to discuss your concerns with you. Be patient!

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon