What Should Be Done on my Nose Technically? What Can Be my Expectations? (photo)

My nose make me sick. I dont know much about rhinoplasty but l definitely want to get one done this year. My columella is huge, the tip too. The tip is my what l hate the most and theres no really good front nose job. What should be done to my nose? What should l expect to hear from my surgeon? Can it be small. (Plus my nose is slighty droopy and has a small hump and stick out to much of my face)

What should be done on my nose technically?

+1

I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. Your nose can be made smaller, the projection can be decreased, and the hump can be reduced. Following an exam, your prospective surgeon will be able to inform you on what techniques would best help you achieve your desired result. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

What Should Be Done on my Nose Technically? What Can Be my Expectations?

+1

From the photos provided, Rhinoplasty would be able to reduce the dorsal height while thinning the nose and nasal tip.  The nasal tip can also be rotated to a more aesthetic angle of ~ 110 degrees from the current 90 degrees.  An under-rotated nasal tip makes the nose appear long.

What can be done with a rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear whyyousomh,

1. A rhinoplasty would be able to make your nose smaller and more refined
  2. An exam with a consultation would help manage your expectations, we can also do computer imaging to show you a close representation of what your nose can look like
  3. Rhinoplasty is perfect for someone like you who has been thinking about it for a while, with the right expectations
  4. When you are ready, please see a rhinoplasty specialist who can address all of your concerns

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty expectations

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure would involve narrowing the bulbous tip with intra-domal and inter-domal sutures to narrow and refine the nasal tip. This will also elevate the tip slightly as well. The dorsal hump will need to be  shaved down along the entire bridge line. Osteotomies will be required to narrow the nasal bones. Releasing the depressor septi ligament will prevent the tip from drooping upon smiling. For examples of noses similar to  your own, please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery link below

In expert hands, your nose can have a large change

+1

Hi. The main change to make in your nose is to raise the tip. Then, we would want to bring the nose back closer to your face, as you mentioned, and take down the hump. See my "Web reference" link for a couple of morphs that I made to your photos. Then the tip of your nose can be narrowed, too.

You have a couple of caution areas about your rhinoplasty. First, when the hump is taken down, it's important that the upper part of your nose, just underneath your eyebrows, be taken down as well. If it's not, then you might look like a Roman statue: too strong where the nose meets the forehead. 

The other caution is that your nose can have a large elevation of the tip. You want a surgeon who can accomplish that. If only a small elevation is made, you nose will still look distinctly too long after surgery, and you'll be looking for a revision. Bringing the tip of the nose up, and bringing it back closer to the face, are changes that require advanced techniques on the tip cartilages. You must be certain to see before and after photos of the doctor's other patients, showing changes like the ones you want for yourself, so you can know that your doctor has the skill to make those changes. You can't get that assurance with diplomas and certificates. Many of the revision operations that I perform are shortening noses and bringing them back closer to the face, after those changes were not made enough in the first operation.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes to the nose best illustrated by video imaging.

+1

From the photographs it looks as though you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. By way of video imaging you can get some idea what to expect from the procedure as well as educate your surgeon has to what you want.