How Can I Make my Nose Look Taller? (photo)

My nose is quite wide and flat at the bottom. I mostly want to make my nose less wide. I hope to remove the tip or ball at the end of my nose. Would that help the sides stand taller and look less wide? What procedures would be best and if possible are there nonsurgical methods? Thanks

Reducing Nasal Width and Making the Nose Look Taller

+2

The apparent nasal width can be reduced as well as the width of the tip, and the dorsum can be augmented with a multitude of techniques and materials.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

How Can I Make my Nose Look Taller?

+2

From a single photo limited to nose its hard to comment. More images and if possible full face can be more helpful for useful comments. To me your nose looks like from an Asian angle like Chinese or Philippines.If that is the case your nasal bridge needs elevation and your alar base needs narrowing. I normally prefer simpler methods like silicone nasal implants and internal alar trimming for narrowing the base of alae. One can use tissue from the body like bone, cartilage and fascia or your synthetic material. A well done silicone implant from a good manufacturing company in our hands is as good as any other thing but surgery is quicker and recovery is quicker. Redease is a synthetic injectable implant that can keep the nasal bridge elevated up to 18 months non surgically and is preferred material for us for non surgical Rhinoplasty.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Taller Nose

+2

The base of your nose can be narrowed and your tip refined. More pictures, including the profile, would be helpful but it appears that you may benefit from augmenting your bridge with your own cartilage to achieve a more defined projected nose that you describe.

Nasal prominence

+2

If you want to make the dorsum stronger, then you will need a graft on the dorsum. Usually it is best to use a cartilage graft.

Flat nose augmentation rhinoplasty

+2

A very flat nose such as this would require augmentation rhinoplasty with either the patient's own cartilage harvested from inside the nose, or a small Silastic implant placed  directly over the bridge. This  nose is too flat to place fillers in.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty is great for adding height to the nasal bridge and definition to the tip

+2

You are a great candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty!

• Fillers placed to the bridge will add height.
  • The bridge will appear more narrow.
  • The tip definition can be improved.
  • Either Restylane or Radiesse are great fillers for non-surgical rhinoplasty.

I am attaching a link of a patient of mine with a similar appearance, good luck!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Can I Make my Nose Look Taller?

+2

To project your nasal tip you will need a cartilage graft.  I would take an open approach and harvest septal cartilage to form a tip graft as well as some cephalic resection of the lower lateral cartilages. This augmentation of your tip will make your nose appear narrower.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation rhinoplasty

+2

Based on your photos it appears that you have an underprojected (flat) bridge and will benefit from augmentation rhinoplasty - ideally with rib cartilage graft

Sam Naficy, MD

Managing the wide nose, dorsal augmentation

+2

blair8 the best way to achieve refinement and narrowing of your nose is going to be with some form of augmentation to the nasal dorsum and narrowing of the nasal base.  When the top of the nose is augmented because of the additional height   the nose appears narrower.  To refine the tip of the nose, shaping of the tip cartilages is performed and occasionally these cartilages are supplemented with cartilage grafts.  The ideal source of cartilage grafts is the nasal septum, however the cartilage in the nasal septum may sometimes be inadequate to refine the tip and raise the dorsum.  If this is the case, it is necessary to get supplemental cartilage from the ear or rib.  Other materials have been placed in the nasal dorsum and they include radiated cadaver cartilage and synthetic materials.  It has been my experience that these graft materials are not as well tolerated or reliable as you're cartilage.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

It seems you need a graft of cartilage to the dorsum of you nose and may be a tip vectorplasty

+1

With only one picture of your nose it is truly impossible to give you any complete recommendation for surgery on your nose. From this limited front view it appears that you have a low nasal dorsum. The best way to augment a low nasal dorum is to take cartilage from your septum and graft it on to the dorsum of your nose. There are synthetic implants that are designed for this but you will never be sure that they won't one day become exposed, infected and extrude. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD