Is my Nose Swollen or is There Too Much Cartilage? (photo)

I had surgery 2 weeks ago on my nose, I had the bridge shaved down and the end picked up. They had to put in a piece of cartilage to keep the tip up they said. My brace is off now and the bridge is exactly what I wanted, but the tip is kinda "bird" like and just isnt straight like I wanted. Im wondering if maybe the cartilage is just going to make my nose look strange or if its actually just swelling that will eventually become less "rounded" at the tip.

Rhinoplasty results diffult to see at two weeks

+1

I think you have to give your nose some time.  Swelling in the nose is variable based on each patient and each technique.  I would discuss with your surgeon as they know what was done at surgery and can be the best judge of where you stand so far. 

Hello

+1

You are still very swollen it takes 6-12 months for the swelling to completly subside. Your results are not final yet. Give your body time to heal.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Swollen Nose Post-op

+1

At two weeks post-op your nose is swollen to its maximum. The tio if your nose, however, will be much smaller after the healing process is complete and this can take upto a whole year.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon