Is my Nose Swollen from Being Irritated, and Will It Go Back Down?

I had revision rhinoplasty 8 weeks ago to remove the bump of scar tissue above the tip of my nose. At about 6 weeks (2 weeks ago), my nose was looking pretty good. However, I began overanalyzing it. I have been pressing down on the swollen areas (I guess to try and verify whether it's swelling or scar tissue). Anyway, my nose looks much bigger now than it did 2 weeks ago. I am concerned I have altered it/made it worse? I will not touch it anymore, but do you think it will go back down?

Did I ruin it

+1

Yor not a surgeon and even I cant tell swelling from scar tissue sometimes. Leave yor nose alone after surgery. I on't even let patients wear their glasses.If yove changed it or not only your surgeon will know

+1

It is possible that you used too much pressure and or placed it in the wrong place.  You should go back and see your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for an evaluation.  IMHO, it's very important that all plastic and cosmetic surgery patients in general and Rhinoplasty patients in particular not try to get creative in their own post surgical care.  It take years of training and experience to know what to do and how so the natural healing process progresses properly.  

Nasal Swelling Increasing 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is unusual to to have increasing swelling which starts 6 weeks after your rhinoplasty. As you suggest you may be irritating the tissue by massaging the nasal tissue. I would stop doing that and consult with your surgeon.