Will my Nose Straighten Itself Out?

I'm 16 years old and my nose used to be straight but then in a course of one year a bump started to grow as my nose started to grow.Is there any chance that it may keep growing and straighten itself out?

Unfortunately the changes that have happened to your nose will not improve with time.

+1

However it is possible that you will not find it as noticeable in years to come.  In the teen years, the nose usually grows faster than the rest of your face.  It is possible that as the rest of your facial skeleton increases in size, you may not find your nose out of proportion.

Bump on nose

+1

Hello. The nose continues to grow in a man up until the twenties. Actually, it is very common for the dorsal nasal hump to become more prominent in the late teen years. Unfortunately, it will not go "back to normal" as you would like. You can undergo a simple operation to get it down to where you want it, and you can also address any other issues you do not like about your nose at the same time.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Nose still growing

+1

Best to wait until your nose has stopped growing before embarking on a rhinoplasty.  A crooked nose and a bump will not go away on its own.  Please see the link below for noses we have straightened and shaved off a bump

Bump on Nose

+1

Rhinoplasty should usually wait until the nose has stopped growing, for the very reason you mention: the nose can change as you grow. That said, when you are ready you may wish to consult with a facial plastic surgeon to see what your options are. Bumps usually do not "disappear" once they have formed.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal humps won't go away on their own

+1

True, noses do change with facial growth and maturity, some for better, some worse. However, if you have grown to develop a nasal hump or bump, chances are that it is there for the long term.

Hump on Nose

+1

Unfortunately it is unlikely that the nose will straighten on its own.  On the positive side, a bump on the nose is usually one of the most straight forward issues to correct with surgery.

Andrew B. Denton, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal growth

+1

It is unlikely that the nose will straighten out itself.  All parts of the nose usually grow proportionately albeit you can develop a hump and more bulbous tip in the process.  Facial growth usually continues till 19-21 years of age.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon