My Nose is Not Straight and Long. What Can I Do?

I m 28 yrs old, female. My nose not straight and long. It is inclined towards the right side of the face. Is there any way that it can be straightened? Please help me as its very embarrassing when it my nose is visible in a pic.

Treating a crooked nose

+1

Hello Arpita10,

Yes rhinoplasty can be used to treat your crooked nose. The exact method of improving the symmetry depends on your specific situation, of course.

Straightening a crooked nose can be challenging so you want to make sure you find an experienced surgeon to help you with your problem.

You can learn more about deviated nose repair at my web reference link below:

crooked and long nose

+1

A crooked nose is best addressed with a combination of osteotomies to straighten the nasal bones, a spreader graft placement on the concave side, and filing down an asymmetrical  hump.  Occasionally, an additional cartilage graft may be needed for camouflage to make the nose looked more symmetrical. Please see the link below for examples of crooked noses  we have repaired in our practice

Crooked noses often look worse in photos, but can be corrected

+1

The reason why crooked noses look more-so in photos is that you are used to your mirror image. You are used to seeing your face in the mirror when applying makeup, brushing your teeth and hair, etc. A photograph is the opposite image.

Rhinoplasty can help straighten as well as reduce the length. You should see a rhinoplasty specialist for a personal exam and consultation.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD