Does my Nose Still Have Some Time to Get Longer After Rhinoplasty?

I feel my nose looks too short after the rhinoplasty but I'm only 2 1/2 months post-op. Will my nose grow a little more during the following 10 months? thanks

Nasal length after surgery

+2

Your nose lenght should not change after surgery.  Sometimes the shortnened nasal apearance may be due to swelling and that should change over the next several months.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Nose Growth after Rhinoplasty

+2

The nose can appear to get longer immediately after surgery as swelling resolves, but the nose does not actually grow. It is ulikely that nasal length will change much after 2 1/2 months.

Nose will not lengthen two months after rhinoplasty

+2

At two and a half months your nose is already well on the way in terms of healing. The tip of the nose can drop during the first week or so as the swelling goes down. However, after two months it is very unlikely that the tip will drop further and the nose lengthen.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Why Can't I Have Neck or Facelift as a Smoker?

+2

Noses do tend to lengthen or drop after a rhinoplasty. At 2 1/2 months you would still have significant swelling and when that subsides you will see this desired change. Also noses drop with age from cartilage that continues to grow and gravity. I have no idea if it will lengthen enough to satisfy you, however. Time will tell. I have seen changes between the 6th month and 1 year photos in rhinoplasty patients.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Can a nose lengthen after surgery?

+2

The answer is yes. However this usually occurs very shortly after surgery, within the first few weeks. Its due to the structural cartilages shifting. After this window of time, the nose can again length after many years from the effects of gravity, age and post operative structural weakness. Unfortunately at 2.5 months, this unlikely your nose will.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

No, the nose doesn't grow after a Rhinoplasty but the tip may de-rotate or rotate downwards in the following months.  The proper aesthetics of facial and nasal beauty dictate that the nasal tip should be approximately 105 to 115 degrees of rotation... the latter more for women.  There are maneuvers that can rotatte the nasal tip back down after Rhinoplasty.  Be sure your Rhinoplasyy Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Nose to grow

+1

I have only heard of one nose that grows on its own after surgery..Pinocchio( he was carved from wood) and he had to tell lies for it to do so.  Your nose will not grow after surgery