Is my Nose Still Too Swollen at 11 Months Post Op (Open Rhinoplasty)? (photo)

I had an open rhinoplasty to make my nose less masculine, remove a small bump and refine the tip. Some days its not swollen and some days it is..I am ok with the width on the top bridge of my nose, however I still feel as though my nose is still overall "too big". I know swelling is normal..but I would think by 11 months is would be better. I had a cortisone injection back in December and I STILL hate the bottom tip of my nose :(. here is a before and 11 months post op, yes I need a tan lol

Swelling 11months after...when can I have my revision?

+2

I dont believe your nose is still swolwn. I believe it is indeed too big. There is a trick you can do to see if you are ready for a revision . Put your finger on your nose and slide the skin side to side. If it slides you can have your revision. If it is immobile you must wait.

Nasal Swelling At 11 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos, it looks that you have a thick oily nasal skin and that causes a delay achieving full recovery. 

Without physical examination, it is hard to confirm that the nasal volume you still have is actually due to a slow pace of recovery you have had.

Nonetheless, I recommend that you be a little more patient as you achieve full recovery; you may be pretty much surprised with the thinning you could achieve. In case you end up unsatisfied with your final results, then a revision surgery will help you in that matter.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery (especially if it is to be a revision surgery) and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Best Course for Large Nose One Year After Rhinoplasty in Young Patient with Thick, Oily Skin

+1

Hi Boots,

Most of the swelling from a rhinoplasty is resolved by 11 to 12 months after surgery.  In case of younger patients with thick and oily skin it can sometimes take longer to see the final results from the surgery.  I would wait a year or two more before considering revision rhinoplasty.  You may be pleasantly surprised if your nasal skin thins a bit with maturity.  Wear your sun block!  Good luck and be well.  Best,

Dr. P

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

The length of your nose is determined by the length of your septum.  The lower portion of your cartilaginous septum can be reduced to provide a shorter nose.  Your nasal tip may also be address at that time as well.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is my Nose Still Too Swollen at 11 Months Post Op (Open Rhinoplasty)?

+1

At 11 months post Rhinoplasty most of the residual swelling is resolved.  You should discuss the results and what can be done at this point with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Eleven Months Post Rhinoplasty is the tip still swollen?

+1
It is my opinion that even if you have some residual swelling in the tip you are going to need a revision procedure. The nasal tip is to wide and needs refinement. A thorough examination by a good surgeon skilled in revision rhinoplasty will help you with a proper surgical plan. I would suggest no further steroid injections. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Could still be swollen

+1

I believe your nose still has some swelling. It can take up to two years for all swelling to come down. But, that being said, there is not a significant amount of swelling that would make a big difference in the appearance. Also when you have thick skin it is hard to get the best results. 

Swollen at 11 months

+1

Some patients remain swollen up to two years.  So I would give it more time.  However, you have thick skin.  It is always a challenge to work with really thick skinned patients if the goal is to really decrease the “size” of the nose and to create more definition.  You may benefit from a revision, but I would be patient and wait one more year.

At 11 months, you are seeing final result of rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

Your nose looks better, but the tip is still a little wide.  This can probably be improved with a revision, but it is difficult.  You need to go to a surgeon who is expert in revision rhinoplasty.

+1

The photos are OK but still very hard to advise. But my bet is you will need revision. Sorry. And STOP the steroid injections to your nose!