Is my Nose Still Swollen 4 Months Post Op? (photo)

i had a closed rhinoplasty 4 months ago the right side is great but my left side shows a bump from the top and its curved so is it normal or should i have another surgery ?

Swollen Nose 4 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

At 4 months it is difficult to determine the final result. Wait another 8 months before considering a revision. Swelling can be normal at this time.

It's too soon to make a decission

+1

Thank you Pauy for your interesting question.

Small swelling in the nose area (after a rhinoplasty) usually distorts the external look. After 6 months post-op almost 75% of the swelling has disappeared, but my advice is to wait 1 year to evalue the final result.

An small swelling in the operated nose often suggests that there is an assimetry in the osteocartilaginous framework, but this "sensation" -after 4 months- be sure that is not de definite final result.

Your comments are precise and accurate, and probably correct, but I insist: wait at least 6 months more.

Good luck!

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon