Can my Nose Still End Up Looking Like the Post-op Image Without Tweaking? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 2 mths ago in order to remove a dorsal hump and rotate the tip essentially giving it a sharp look.I realize that it is still very soon in the healing process and know that I have thick skin.I was given a kenalog injection in my 8th wk in order to prevent too much scar tissue from settling.It did make a difference but I still feel the tip is too round and droopy and the L nostril is round and the R flat. My surgeon whom I do trust believes there is some tweaking needed - opinions?

Can my Nose Still End Up Looking Like the Post-op Image Without Tweaking?

+1

Dear MRAK,

Thank you for your question/photos.  You still have swelling, and it is too early to tell at this point.  You will need to wait 6 - 12 months before contemplating this.

Best Wishes,

PAblo PRichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 2 months.

+1

It is too early to say. Wait at least 8 months before surgery for this. Your surgeon should guide you. 

Too early to judge final result from a rhinoplasty

+1

It takes time for you to see the final result from a rhinoplasty.  You are too early to start judging the final result.  

Post op rhinoplasty

+1

I would wait at least a year before you consider any sort of revision.  By that time the majority of the swelling has resolved and you are more likely to achieve your goal.  The appearance may also improve during that time and you may be please with the result without further treatment.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD