My Nose is Still Huge Years After Surgery, but I Don't Think Anything Can Fix It. Expert Advice Please? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty at 15. My nose a disaster. I look at it today and it still looks big, bridge is too wide, tip is too big. Front on it looks horrible. It makes me miserable everyday. My nostrils are crooked thanks to the inability of my first surgeon. I can hardly ever breathe normally. While it was bigger before I am still unhappy with it. I feel it completely takes away from the rest of my face. Any expert advice is welcome. Can anyone fix my nose? Or will another surgery makes things worse?

Postop Rhinoplasty Fixes

+2
Thank you for supplying your photos. I agree with you that your nose is too big for the surrounding facial features. Your nose can definitely be improved aesthetically. To me the area that requires the most attention is the tip of the nose. Currently you have a 'hanging columella'. This can be addressed by elevating the columella using a 'tongue and groove technique'. The tip will also need to be shortened. To compliment the changes to the nasal tip suggested, the bridge would need to be reduced. Your airway concerns can also be addressed at the same time. The segment of your bridge between your eyes is very difficult to narrow and that may be a limitation of the surgery. Do not lose hope. Your concerns can definitely be significantly improved. Best of Luck.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing a Large Nose

+1

Your tip can be reduced as well as the apparent size of your nose.  Your columella can be lifted and/or reduced as well to improve the look of your nose.  Your nostril asymmetry will always be an issue as it is for most humans, but it can be improved.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Large Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Without a revision your nose will not change so many years after rhinoplasty. As long as you consult with a specialist who does a lot of revision work another surgery will not "make things worse".