Why is my Nose Still Drooping After my Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have had three rhinoplasty procedures performed- The first was to get rid of my large hump, the second was to shave a little more off the hump and give some tip support, and the most recent was to give me tip support because my tip has been perisistently droopy. However, even when the cast came off, my nose tip was not elevated at all- not even in the least. Is it just swollen? Can I expect my nose tip to appear less droopy over time? It has been about 2 weeks since my surgery.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Dear laurenmelissah,

• This would be a question for your surgeon
  • There are various maneuvers to lift the tip of the nose that we use, and it is too early to tell whether you need another surgery...but 4 surgeries is getting up there
  • It may be just swelling, and again, it is something that your surgeon can answer

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani

Droopy nose.

+1

It would be more accurate to see a profile photo of you, NOT smiling. However it seems your tip in UNDER-rotated. I do not believe you will have more tip elevation with time. There are many surgical techniques to elevate the tip, you may want to discuss with your surgeon, which technique he used.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon