Does my Nose Still Continue to Shrink Even After 10 Months After of my Revision Rhinoplasty?

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty for well over 25 years and the answer is, it may or may not continue to get smaller 10 months after a Rhinoplasty.  In thin skin and a primary Rhinoplasty, most patients are fully healed between 6-9 months following the Rhinoplasty. With thicker, oily skin or in cases of Revision Rhinoplasty the swelling may last for 12 months or more.  Your Rhinoplasty Surgeon should be able to tell you more specifics about your case. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Swellling and shrinking of nose after revision rhinoplasty

+2

Thank you for the question. The answer to you question is simply yes. The nose will continue to shrink even after one year. But, if you need further surgery, It can be safely done after one year.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Some noses continue to change even after several years. If fact the whole face will change with time. Complete healing process does take at 12-15 months or longer depending on the the type of nose or surgery.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does Nose Shrink 110 Months after Revision Rhinoplasty Revision?

+2

The nose, especially the tip, can continue to shrink 10 months after a revision rhinoplasty in some patients, like those with thick skin or those who had extensive grafting as part of their surgery.

Revision Rhinoplasty healing

+2

Believe it or not, the nose can continue to shrink over the underlying structures even at 10 months after surgery. This can especially be the case for revision rhinoplasty. The tincture of time will allow the nose to find its final position. Standard thinking is that it takes one full year to get the final result. At a recent facial plastic conference the idea was brought up that it may even take two years from surgery to get the true final result.

Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes after Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

I generally tell patients that they will not see the final results for one year.  Revision Rhinoplasty can cause swelling that lasts longer than the initial Rhinoplasty, depending on the extent of surgery.  It is important to follow-up with your Plastic Surgeon with your concerns.

Hello

+1

Swelling does take about a year for you too see final results. You should expect mild changes, but its not a quaranty. You should follow up with your surgeon.

10 months Post - Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

At 10 months, I doubt there will be many changes with your nose. If you had a very thick, bulbous tip, you may still see some marginal improvement but very little.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com/