Does my Nose Still Continue to Shrink Even After 10 Months After of my Revision Rhinoplasty?

Swellling and shrinking of nose after revision rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question. The answer to you question is simply yes. The nose will continue to shrink even after one year. But, if you need further surgery, It can be safely done after one year.

1001 B Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118

Some noses continue to change even after several years. If fact the whole face will change with time. Complete healing process does take at 12-15 months or longer depending on the the type of nose or surgery.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1441 Avocado
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Revision Rhinoplasty healing

Believe it or not, the nose can continue to shrink over the underlying structures even at 10 months after surgery. This can especially be the case for revision rhinoplasty. The tincture of time will allow the nose to find its final position. Standard thinking is that it takes one full year to get the final result. At a recent facial plastic conference the idea was brought up that it may even take two years from surgery to get the true final result.

Richard Balikian, M.D.
Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon

25220 Hancock Ave
Murrieta, CA 92562

Changes after Revision Rhinoplasty

I generally tell patients that they will not see the final results for one year.  Revision Rhinoplasty can cause swelling that lasts longer than the initial Rhinoplasty, depending on the extent of surgery.  It is important to follow-up with your Plastic Surgeon with your concerns.

Jarrod Little, MD

4950 Norton Healthcare Blvd
Louisville, KY 40241

I have performed Rhinoplasty for well over 25 years and the answer is, it may or may not continue to get smaller 10 months after a Rhinoplasty.  In thin skin and a primary Rhinoplasty, most patients are fully healed between 6-9 months following the Rhinoplasty. With thicker, oily skin or in cases of Revision Rhinoplasty the swelling may last for 12 months or more.  Your Rhinoplasty Surgeon should be able to tell you more specifics about your case. 

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Does Nose Shrink 110 Months after Revision Rhinoplasty Revision?

The nose, especially the tip, can continue to shrink 10 months after a revision rhinoplasty in some patients, like those with thick skin or those who had extensive grafting as part of their surgery.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Swelling does take about a year for you too see final results. You should expect mild changes, but its not a quaranty. You should follow up with your surgeon.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

9025 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

10 months Post - Rhinoplasty

At 10 months, I doubt there will be many changes with your nose. If you had a very thick, bulbous tip, you may still see some marginal improvement but very little.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

44 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10021