My Nose is Still Bent After Open Reduction. What Can I Do? (photo)

I've recently broke my nose in an accident. 10 days later I had an open reduction to straighten it. It's straighter now but in the middle part of the nose, on the right side it's somehow sunken down. Is it because of the cartilage? Are there post operation ways of correcting or exercise for the cartilage?

My Nose is Still Bent After Open Reduction. What Can I Do?

+2

If you are early in the healing process, this may be swelling, and the condition may improve.  An exam would be helpful in your case.

+2

It still could be swelling but allow 3 months of healing time. If after that time you are unhappy you should consider an reconstructive rhinoplasty. 

Traumatic nasal deformity

+1

It is a bit unusual to have an open rhinoplasty for a traumatic nasal deformity unless the wound was open or involved other structures.

Broken nose still crooked after Open reduction

+1

Firstly exactly how recently was your open reduction?

There may still be some swelling, but your nose still appears significantly crooked. When you look straight on to a light source you should see straight lines from the top of your nose down to the tip.   The part of you nose most affected appears to be bone, but in order to get a definite answer you need to be seen by a facial and cosmetic surgeon who will examine the inside of your nose.

Your nose may appear unaesthetically sunken in on the right due to surgical manipulation of the nasal bones done without consideration for the final appearance of your nose.  A well balanced, aesthetic nose appears as symmetrical triangles from all sides.  That being said the upper bridge of your nose appears too wide and has a hump apparent in a profile view.

Ramtin Kassir, MD