Want to Make my Nose Smaller: How Small Can I go and How Many Surgeries Could I Have? (Photo)

Originally, my nose was really ginormous. . After my first nose job, I was still young and I found after a few years, my nose changed and it still looked really big. So i opted for a second one.. I found my nose looks "fat" and large at the front (thick skin) and my doctor said that i had a lot of scar tissue inside my nose. He also mentioned something about the tip crumbling if he made it too small.

Tertiary rhinoplasty

+1
Rhinoplasty revisions are more challenging than primary procedures.  Landmarks are obstructed from scar formation and getting the cartilages to behave the way one wants can be hard to achieve.   Discuss with your surgeon how likely the results you want can be obtained with further surgery.  

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Want to Make my Nose Smaller: How Small Can I go and How Many Surgeries Could I Have?

+1
     This is difficult to answer without better pictures or an exam.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1
Poorly posted photos so the ONLY correct recommendation is to seek in person additional consultations... 

How to make nose smaller

+1
Though we cannot recommend much from the photos you've posted, in general, there is a technique to correct thick skin at the nasal tip. This technique can be a bit tricky however.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty to Reduce Nasal Size

+1
It is impossible to answer your question with the pictures you submitted; go to my website for instructions on views to submit for nasal evaluation. It would be best for you to consult with a revision specialist who with a  hands on examination can determine the stability of your nose and the risk of a 3rd operation.

+1
With the issues you mentioned, you would need a Reconstructive Rhinoplasty with possible grafts to correct your nose.  This is a difficult surgery. I would recommend you consult with very experienced Plastic Surgeons who do a lot of Rhinoplasty Reconstruction.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Nose not smaller, why?

+1
Again, hard to tell what is happening with the limited pictures.  As Dr. Mark Constantian has written in the plastic surgery literature, the reduced nose does not have an infinite ability to contract. Certain noses are more dependent on the bone and cartilage structure, and others have thicker skin.  Both these factors can cause problems when the nose is reduced.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon