Is It Possible to Make my Nose Smaller? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty back in 2008 but it was only to remove the dorsal hump that I had. I've always disliked the size of my nose but it's always been the one thing that I'm terrified to get done. (michael jackson) So when I had the surgery done, i was too scared to do anything to its size. I was very happy with the results but now I'm back to wanting my nose to be a bit smaller and daintier. Is it possible to do? What would have to be done? Would the bone have to be broken? Is it too risky? Thnx!

Getting a smaller nose with revision rhinoplasty

+1

There are a number of techniques that can be used to create a smaller and "daintier" nose. A profile photo would help with a more detailed opinion and ultimately, an in person consultation is needed to get a full assessment.

The nasal bones don't necessarily have to be broken. Tip narrowing may be indicated to narrow the width of your nostrils. Producing some additional elevation of the tip may also help with giving your nose a smaller appearance.

Rhinoplasty can make the nose smaller

+1

While it is possible to make the nose smaller, there are limitations such as skin thickness, which can only be determined at the time of the consultation.  Narrowing of the nasal bridge can be performed with osteotomies while the alarplasty procedure is used to reduce overall alar flare.  Further tip surgery can sometimes be employed depending upon what was done at the original operation.  Obtain the operative report from your 2008 primary rhinoplasty and bring it with you to a couple of consults from very experienced revision rhinoplasty specialists.  It is important to have realistic expectations prior to going through this process the second time.

Techniques for Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

There are a number of techniques for revision rhinoplasty, that any experienced surgeon could review with you and make you realize what exactly could be realistically done to make your nose appear smaller.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Achieving a Smaller Nose

+1

A nose can be made smaller without risking the " Michael Jackson Result " when the surgery is done by an experienced surgeon. I could make suggestions about your nose, but this would be pure speculation if based  on one photograph taken when you're smiling. If you go to my website there are directions on how to take pictures to evaluate your nose. Submit those pictures to us on this panel so we can help you with our suggestions.

Is It Possible to Make my Nose Smaller?

+1

A profile shot would help.  The tip could be bit thinner but not the nasal bones.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Making the nose smaller

+1

Since you've had the bridge of your nose reduced and are happy with the results it's quite likely that you would not have to have the bones 'broken' unless further narrowing of the bony part of your nose is needed. Reduction of the thickness of the tip of the nose and possibly the nostrils could be be done as well. Typically it's ideal to see the nose in multiple views to have a better idea of what could be done to improve the appearance. A surgeon skilled in Rhinoplasty should be able to understand your concerns and present you with a plan based on your concerns and your unique nasal anatomy. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO