Will my Nose Get Significantly Smaller Post Revision Rhino?

I had a revision rhinoplasty 6 months ago. I am somewhat bothered by the size of my nose/tip region, as it looks bigger than what I wanted. The doctor used some ear cartilage, and repostitioned/refined existing septum cartilage in my nose. I saw my doctor (revision rhino specialist) several weeks ago for a post op appt and he said my nose/tip region will get significantly smaller with time. Will it get much smaller over the next 6 months? My skin is normal to slighlty thick. Thanks You!

Most of my answers

+1

Most of my answers are the same...wait for the swlling to go down.. I know you read others questions and know the answer. I dont know why patients don't believe their surgeon to wait a bit.

You shouldn't need 5 or more top experts to make you understand what you knew already

Tip smaller in 6 months?

+1

it is possible

photos would help

you tip may be large due to the size of the cartilage grafts used or it may be large due to swelling

it has been my experience that a significant amount of the swelling resolves in the first 3 months and then the rest in the subsequent year (with an open rhino)

with that said if your tip is large secondary to edema (swelling) you still might have some improvement ahead of you

either way, be patient and reassess things when you get to one year

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

I would trust your surgeon. It is typical for the nose to continue to heal for at least 12 months after surgery. This occurs as the swelling resolves and the skin redrapes.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Significant Change in Tip Size with Healing Post Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Tip Swelling after a revision rhinoplasty cartilage grafts will decrease for 12-18 months after surgery, especially in patients with thick skin. How much it will improve over the next year is impossible to predict. I'm sorry, but you will have to be patient.