Had my Nose Shortened Through Tip Rotation & Dislike the Look; How Can I Remedy This & Get the Length of my Nose Back?

I agreed to a tip elevation based on a profile picture presented 10 minutes before surgery. I know 7 wks is early to comment on results, but I feel this was a mistake; I liked the length of my old nose; it was the bulbousness I hated.Not only did he elevate it alot, he rotated it without telling me & put a Medpor implant in my septum. (That, I knew about.) My tip is now too high/bulbous for my bridge & has less no definition. How do I push my tip back down so that the bulbousness is distributed?

Had my Nose Shortened Through Tip Rotation & Dislike the Look; How Can I Remedy This & Get the Length of my Nose Back

+1

Your surgeon has the greatest interest in achieving a satisfactory result for you.  Talk with your surgeon, and give yourself at least 6 months before attempting to find a revision rhinoplasty specialist.  If you go that route, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  The tip can be rotated back down but the first thing to do is convey all of this to your surgeon as you are only 7 weeks out from your surgery.  I hope you did not get a medpor implant to elevate the height of the nose.  Please consult with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD