My Nose is Quite Bulbous, and at 50, I Believe Has Begun to Grow* How Difficult Would a Correction Be for Me? (photo)

Definitely consider rhinoplasty for wide and bulbous tip

+1

From the photos you submitted, it appears that you also have a widened nasal base, especially evident when smiling. This problem and the bulbous tip can be addressed with conventional rhinoplasty surgery successfully by a skilled and experienced surgeon. The nose changes with age and you are manifesting typical changes experienced in midlife. It's not too late to address these conditions now! Good luck!

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous Tip, Aging nose

+1

For the concerns you mention, you would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. The widened and round tip can be easily treated. As we get older this nasal tip rotates inferiorly. The best example to to compare a baby's nasal tip (highly rotated) and grandma's nasal tip (de-rotated).

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Bulbous nasal tip will respond well to Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to hear this complaint in patients as the aging process occurs. The nasal tip does drop during the aging process and become more bulbous. Many of my facelift patients will have Rhinoplasty as well where they had not considered it in their earlier years.  A consultation with a good Rhinoplasty surgeon will be in order to properly diagnose you and procure a good surgical plan. I would use a digital imaging computer which allows me to show my consulting patients the proposed surgical results prior to their procedure. This allows you to see the aesthetic changes that would be suggested and make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page. In reviewing your photographs you would be an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty. You have a beautiful smile and nice facial aesthetics. A rhinoplasty will help with your concerns and complaints. Thank you Ms. ILOVE ITALY I as well love the country! You will enjoy your future travel pictures even more with some nice refinements to your nose! Best regards and happy travels!

Michael Elam, MD

Bulbous Nose that is Changing at Age 50

+1

Just like the rest of our bodies the nose will change as we age, especially the nasal tip skin. I see many "mature" people who want to improve their nasal tip. An experienced surgeon will examine your nose and explain alternative treatments.

My Nose is Quite Bulbous, and at 50, I Believe Has Begun to Grow* How Difficult Would a Correction Be for Me?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the nasal tip is a bit wide and the tip appears to be under-rotated  which can make people think their noses are still growing.  A Rhinoplasty would be able to address these issues.  

Bulbous Nasal Tip Due To Aging

+1

Aging causes your nasal tip to become bulbous and a rhinoplasty addressing the tip's cartilage and narrowing it.

I encourage you to consult with board certified surgeons of ample experience in that field who will help you make a well informed decision; commendable results require exceptionally skilled surgeons.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nose Growth

+1

And there is a reason for every condition!  Nasal changes are a given with the aging process, but do you know why and for what reasons?  Consult your experienced Cosmetic Surgeons for details.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+1

This is not an uncommon situation. You could have nice conservative refinement to keep your nose in context with the rest of your face. You can have significant improvement in the width and bulbousity.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Noses do grow, and rhinoplasty might be a solution

+1

Your nose does indeed grow, as do ears, as we age and it is not unexpected that your nose appears fuller and broader. Of course, rhinoplasty is able to reduce the width and support the tip without difficulty.

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip, etc.

+1

Yes your tip is wide and I often do minor nose surgery on my patients who are having facelifts, etc. See an experienced surgeon for a consultation.