I'm 16 yrs old. What Changes Can Be Made to my Nose to Make It Proportional to my Face? (photo)

I am 16, and I'm considering rhinoplasty.It doesn't seem to look proportional to my face.I once had a perfectly straight nose bridge but hit it with a box,now I have a slight bump on it. I also have a strange middle part of my nose (what separates my nostrils), &i recently started noticing that one of my nostrils may be different than the other. When I smile mytip droops slightly, and the sides of my nostrils spread.Please,whatcan be done to fix mynose?Thecost?or should i preferably not touch it

What Changes Can Be Made to my Nose to Make It Proportional to my Face?

+1

Please share this answer with your parents as you are under 18 years of age.  Aesthetically speaking, your nose is a bit wide with the left nasal bone sticking out more than the right.  The nasal tip is also a bit wide.  Rhinoplasty could thin both areas making the nose more naturally attractive.  Hope this helps.

Proportions Please

+1

At sixteen years of age, you have asked the $10,000 question.  There are many important things that can be discussed in detail at your consultation.  Try to contact a Facial Cosmetic Surgeon who specializes in Cosmetic Rhinoplasty.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Changes Can Be Made to my Nose to Make It Proportional to my Face? (photo)

+1

Larissa, this is the million dollar question. First and foremost, I do want to resonate my other colleagues sentiment that you must see a board certified surgeon qualified to perform these operations. They are very delicate in nature and easy to mess up even in the most skilled hands. Your pictures help, but it is so difficult to give you the real answer without seeing you. I will tell you what I see.  Understand that almost every person has asymmetry of their nose. It is not until you really start to look at it in the mirror that you see it. Taking down the bump will refine your profile beautifully. Your nose is a little wide  as well and after taking down the bump it will appear wider, we call that an open roof deformity, and thus the bones will need to be moved inward to restore an elegant profile. We call that closing the open roof. Your nostril asymmetry that you point out could be form lack of tip support and a cartilage graft can fix that. At the same time you need more refinement of your tip to not only make it more defined but you could use some projection of the tip or extend the tip out a little. The plunging that you speak of is an easy fix. There are a set of muscles that pull the tip down in many patients when they smile. The surgeon can go inside the mouth just behind the upper lip and expose this muscles, cut them and re-orient them so that tip animation goes away. These are general comments without really seeing you. Good luck and think hard about who you choose. You absolutely MUST feel 100% comfortable with your surgeon because this decision is too important!

Richard J. Brown, MD

What changes can be made to my nose to make it proportional to my face?

+1

Hello, a rhinoplasty is indicated in your case. I would rasp the slight hump and do some narrowing as well as tip work. In the right hands you could look forward to a prettier more refined nose. You need to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. The cost ranges between $7,500.00 to $10,000.00. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Correcting your Problems

+1

Dear Larissa, thank you for the photos as they are helpful in describing what can be done.  Understand, that this is no substitute for a consultation and I don't know if there are any breathing problems or a deviated septum.

When I look at your nose it appears slightly wide and the tip is not as defined as I would like.  You don't have a funny middle part but this is where the bony portion of the nose becomes cartilage.  It only looks indented because the bump is there.  As far as the nostrils go it is normal for some asymmetry and they will never be identical so don't worry about them.

I like to use computer imaging in my office to show patients what I feel I can achieve before proceeding.  Make sure you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or facial plastic surgeon before contemplating any type of facial cosmetic surgery.  Depending upon the amount of work involved, the fees runn between $5500.00 to $7000.00.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty With Multifaceted Approach

+1

Dear Larissa,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Based on the photos, I believe that you will benefit from a conservative yet a multifaceted rhinoplasty addressing you nasal dorsum hence the bump, the slightly overprojected tip as well as your asymmetrical nostrils.

I encourage you to consult with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will be able to help you make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your question and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Goals of Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Narrowing your entire nose, including the tip, will refine your appearance and improve facial proportions. The nostril asymmetry can be improved, but perfect symmetry is not a reasonable goal. The hump can be corrected with a rhinoplasty. Your surgery will cost $8,000-10,000. Your nose can be improved but only you can decide if if you want to make those changes.