Does my Nose Appear to Have Polly Beak Deformity? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago. Should my nose look like this? Is this just the typical swelling at this stage of post-op rhinoplasty or indeed a polly beak deformity? I dread the thought of having another rhinoplasty! Thanks in advance for your help and answers

Polly Beak Deformity after Rhinoplasty?

At 5 weeks postop, it's much too early to be concerned about the possibility of a revision rhinoplasty. You do not have a "polly beak deformity." Have patience. It can often take several months for swelling to fully resolve after nose surgery.

Thank you for your question and photo. Best wishes!

3998 Vista Way
Oceanside, CA 92056

Pollybeak Deformity

It apppears you have a very slight soft tissue pollybeak deformity. You can wait several more months or ask your surgeon to inject some kenelog.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

44 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10021

Do I Have a Polly Beak Deformity

It does not look like you have a polly beak deformity but just some swelling above the tip which should resolve. Hopefully you will get the result you want; at this time be patient.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Pollybeak post rhinoplasty

At 5 weeks you have some swelling in the supra-tip and it will disappear as the swelling goes down. Give it 2 months and it will look a lot better.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

167 Sheppard Avenue, West
Toronto, ON M2N 1M9

Polly Beak Deformity? #nosejob

No. You don't. Way too early for you to worry about that. It can take about 6 weeks for 95% of the swelling to go down and that last 5% can take up to one year. You are way too early to be worried or even thinking about the idea of a revision.

Richard J. Brown, MD

11000 N Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Does my Nose Appear to Have Polly Beak Deformity?

Very hard with the side view posted photo and NOT a uniform color background to see the "poly" beak deformity. Allow a full 9 months of healing and swelling to subside, than see your surgeon to discuss. T/U hump reduction is very easy to do. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

For 5 weeks your nose looks good, and you do not have a polly beak deformity.  The swelling will resolve over six months to a year.  Give yourself some more time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Polly Beak of Nasal Dorsum 5 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

Hi Miss Kris,

Give your nose and your anxiety some time to heal.  Most likely the swelling of your lower 1/3 dorsum will come down over time (6 to 12 months).  Enjoy your new nose. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436