Does my Nose Appear to Have Polly Beak Deformity? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago. Should my nose look like this? Is this just the typical swelling at this stage of post-op rhinoplasty or indeed a polly beak deformity? I dread the thought of having another rhinoplasty! Thanks in advance for your help and answers

Polly Beak Deformity after Rhinoplasty?

+2

At 5 weeks postop, it's much too early to be concerned about the possibility of a revision rhinoplasty. You do not have a "polly beak deformity." Have patience. It can often take several months for swelling to fully resolve after nose surgery.

Thank you for your question and photo. Best wishes!

Pollybeak Deformity

+1

Hi,

It apppears you have a very slight soft tissue pollybeak deformity. You can wait several more months or ask your surgeon to inject some kenelog.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Do I Have a Polly Beak Deformity

+1

It does not look like you have a polly beak deformity but just some swelling above the tip which should resolve. Hopefully you will get the result you want; at this time be patient.

Pollybeak post rhinoplasty

+1

At 5 weeks you have some swelling in the supra-tip and it will disappear as the swelling goes down. Give it 2 months and it will look a lot better.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Polly Beak Deformity? #nosejob

+1

No. You don't. Way too early for you to worry about that. It can take about 6 weeks for 95% of the swelling to go down and that last 5% can take up to one year. You are way too early to be worried or even thinking about the idea of a revision.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Does my Nose Appear to Have Polly Beak Deformity?

+1

Very hard with the side view posted photo and NOT a uniform color background to see the "poly" beak deformity. Allow a full 9 months of healing and swelling to subside, than see your surgeon to discuss. T/U hump reduction is very easy to do. 

+1

For 5 weeks your nose looks good, and you do not have a polly beak deformity.  The swelling will resolve over six months to a year.  Give yourself some more time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Polly Beak of Nasal Dorsum 5 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Hi Miss Kris,

Give your nose and your anxiety some time to heal.  Most likely the swelling of your lower 1/3 dorsum will come down over time (6 to 12 months).  Enjoy your new nose. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD