Can my nose get pointier? 4 months post op. (photo)

So I am 4 months post rhinoplasty, so far I love my nose. However, I'm very puzzled. Okay so before surgery I BEGGED my doctor to please take a picture of my nose right out the OR, right before putting my cast on. He did as I pleased and my nose in that picture is perfect! It's very pointy and I just love it, but my nose doesn't look like that now? I mean theres no bump but the tip is round and not pointy??! Is it swelling? Is there a chance its gonna get like in that picture?

Rhinoplasty tip swelling

+1

It is reasonable to expect the tip to appear more refined as the swelling goes down. The swelling can take one year or more to resolve. The nose looks the best right off the table and rest assured it will improve.

Is my nose swollen?

+1

yes, noses stay swollen for a longggg time after rhinoplasty, changes occur way beyond the one year point.relax and trust your surgeon and continue to f/u with him..

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Can my nose get pointier? 4 months post op.

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.