Is my Nose Overcorrected, and Will the One Side Even out with the Other As Swelling Goes Down? (photo)

im 3 weeks post op, and i think my nose was overcorrected a bit. other than that i had a severe hemorrage on the 6th day with the cast and tampons in. a doctor removed one of the packings, and aggressively applied a dressing all the way down the nostril. i think the dressing might have moved some internal structures, making my tip look asymetrical. is this the case? or does swelling sometimes make the nose look uneven? what do you think of my nose?

Is my Nose Overcorrected, and Will the One Side Even out with the Other As Swelling Goes Down?

+2

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD

Swelling after a rhinoplasty causing asymmetry

+2

You are early in the post operative period and most of your asymmetry is most likely due to edema and swelling.  Given a chance it should improve.  The distal end  of your nose or tip will take the longest to improve.  This could take up to 6 months.  

Asymmetric tip after rhinoplasty

+1

It is very early after your procedure so it's too soon to really assess your results.

It is possible to have temporary swelling and asymmetry after surgery, especially if you had additional swelling there.

I'd suggest following up with your surgeon as suggested to make sure everything is healing correctly.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD