I think my nose (nostril & columella) is too big for my face. What do you think?

I have rhinoplasty at the end of this week. My concern is that my surgeon only wants to shave the Bump off. I've been told that my nose is fine but I just want a second opinion as far as my nose being too big for my face.

Nasal Tip Balance

+1
Your concern about your nose is appreciated. You have an imbalance of the tip called a hanging columella. It is caused by the same thing that creates the hump in your nose, overgrowth of the septum. This needs to be addressed at the time of rhinoplasty. A second, or third opinion, if needed, will help you gain better understanding of your options. Select the surgeon with whom you have the greatest confidence and repore with. Good luck. 

Consider tip work

+1
While the bump on the nose is an issue, I'm concerned about the tip region as well.  It appears to hang down a bit and, in my opinion, it would look better with refinement in that area.  Good luck!

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon