Just Got my Nose Done, is This Normal or Not? (photo)

I just got my nose dont two weeks ago and my nose just looks cricket on side of the nostril is up while the other one is down and one nostril is bigger than the other, the only thing i like about my nose is my left side, im just scared if my nostrils are gonna be permanent like that and same with the front of my nose.

Crooked nose and uneven nostrils

+2

It is always premature to judge the results of cosmetic nose surgery only weeks after the surgery. It is also difficult to make any comment on the shape of your nose without photographs of your nose before the surgery. However from the photographs it seems that you have a bulbous, trapezoidal shaped tip with round shaped nostrils. I can't detect any surgical incisions around the tip of your nose so I assume that you had a 'closed' rhinoplasty. In my opinion I think an 'open' rhinoplasty is required in order to correct the shape of your tip. In any event you cannot judge the final shape of your rhinoplasty until all the swelling has subsided, which can take several months. Post operative swelling can distort the shape and cause the shape to look uneven and crooked.

South Africa Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty and Nostril Asymmetry

+1

Whenever the tip is reduced and elevated as it was in your case (it already looks markedly better at 2 weeks), the nostrils become more noticeable and previous nostril asymmetry becomes more noticeable.  The symmetry you have at 2 weeks will change as the swelling comes down, and you are too early to make any definitive judgements.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

After rhinoplasty concerns

+1

You are still very early in the healing process.  It takes 3 months for most of the swelling and 1 year for all of the swelling to resolve.  Hang in there and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Still very early in the swelling/healing phases. Allow 3 months before thinking about revision for your nose at 9 months to a years from surgery. 

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

+1

Dear Rita, You still have a lot of swelling in your nose and especially in your tip. I would see your surgeon and discuss your concerns as he/she will know best what was done during your procedure and where you are in the recovery phase. Hopefully this will set your mind at ease. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty and nostrils

+1

It is always best to see pre-op photos and compare them to now. I will say that you are very swollen and things will change a lot over the next several months.

Early Rhinoplasty Results

+1

The first thing you have to realize that it takes months and even a year after rhinoplasty to see the final result. At just two weeks after surgery, you have a long way to go in the recovery process. I know it is difficult but it is important to not obsess over what you see now because it will most likely change.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD