What could be done to narrow my nose and reduce the tip? (photo)

I want my nose to look smaller and have a natural look and shape that doesn't completely distract from my face. I specifically would like for the bridge to be narrowed and straightened, for the actual nasal bone to be narrowed (my nose appears very wide in low light), for the tip to be reduced in size and made more defined, and for the nostrils to be reduced in size. What would a procedure like mine cost, and is it even possible to address all of these issues with my nose?

Rhinoplasty

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. I would reduce the bridge and narrow the bones and your nasal tip.  The most important decision you can make is the selection of the right surgeon.  Go on a few consults and you will find a surgeon you are comfortable with.

Unwanted size and Shape of Nose

+1
Your nose can be straightened and narrowed, the tip reduced and definition improved, and the nostrils reduced while achieving a natural result if the surgery is done by a rhinoplasty specialist. It will cost $6,0000-9,000 depending on the experience of your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty for a smaller nose

+1
Reducing a hump and narrowing the nose are two of the most common indications for rhinoplasty. Consult with an expreienced, board certified facial plastic surgeon who can perform computer imaging to give you an idea of what is possible. Cost of a primary rhinoplasty can vary by surgeon and area any where from $5000 to $15000 dollars. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty techniques for you

+1
to create a nose that is natural and less distracting I would say he'll need a dorsal hump reduction which would include portions of the bone and cartilage.  He will need osteotomies to bring the nasal bones together to prevent what is referred to as "open roof deformity".  Trim of the lower lateral cartilages and possible dome sutures or tip sutures may be needed for tip refinement.  A nice reductive rhinoplasty is what you need.  Choose your surgeons based on the evidence of their work, the reputation, and urology assessment of this person.

in general a rhinoplasty for U including surgical fees anesthesia fees and facility fees we'll run anywhere from $8000 up to $12,000.  In some cases it can be more.

Chase Lay, MD

Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

A natural appearing rhinoplasty?

+1
What you described can  be cosmetically improved with a natural appearing rhinoplasty by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing nasal surgery.

There are many variables that contribute to surgical fees: the extent of the procedure, geographic location of the surgical practice, the credentials and level of training of the surgeon, his or her expertise and reputation, the fee for the anesthesia provider, and facility charge (the facility should be accredited by a national accrediting organization like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF)). It is important to compare “apples to apples”. You should find the most qualified individual to perform a surgical procedure, not the least expensive. Your health and safety depend on it.

If your selection of a surgeon is determined primarily by high or low fees, ultimately, you may be disappointed with your choice. Shopping for bargains should be saved for sandals and t-shirts not procedures that require scientific knowledge, training, judgment, artistry and expertise.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
Your nose needs extensive refinement with hump reduction, tip sculpting and repositionning of nasal base to narrow the nostrils as well as the base. Have to reposition the lower cartilages so notching of the nostrils will improve. The skin over the tip needs to be thinned for better re-draping.  

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for dorsal reduction, narrowing the bridge and tip

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure would involve shaving the dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage.  Medial and lateral Osteotomies of the nasal bones will narrow the bridge line. Conservative trimming of excess cartilage of the tip will narrow the tip. To reduce the nostril size an alar plasty  would be needed to narrow the nasal base.

Rhinoplasty for a natural nose.

+1
Removal of your hump, refining the tip and narrowing can be done. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural non operated looking noses. 

What could be done to narrow my nose and reduce the tip?

+1
You are exactly correct, you want your nose to be more sculpted as to not distract from your face!  Yes, you can address most of your issues with a closed rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the nose, narrow the bridge and thin the tip.  

Narrowing the nose often times requires several components.

+1
In the photograph provided it looks as though in fracturing as well as significant work on the nasal tip would be required to narrow the nose. I don't think narrowing the nostril base is indicated.