Is my Nose a More Tough or Simple Case for Primary Rhinoplasty? (photo)

In your expert opinions, is rhinoplasty worth the risks on my nose? (pictured below) I am a female with a very prominent masculine nose (noticeable dorsal hump, droopy tip as you see).

There's No Such Thing as a "Simple" Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Katie,

You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty.  I my opinion there is no such thing as a "simple rhinoplasty".  Rhinoplasty is considered the most difficult of all facial plastic surgeries to get right.  Even the most experienced rhinoplasty surgeons do not go into a nose operation with the thought, "This is going to be easy."  Rather it takes consultation with the patient to understand the common goals, followed by thorough examination, diagnosis, planning, and lastly the surgical procedure.  By choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully you should end up with an excellent result.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Good candidate for a rhinoplasty

+1

From your photograph it would appear that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty.  A complete examination would be needed to give you a more complete description of the steps involved.  

Simple Rhinoplasty?

+1

Tough to tell with your pic, but in your description it sounds like a simple rhinoplasty, dorsal hump revision with a droopy tip , nothing that should be overly difficult and you should have an excellent result. Good luck.....

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and nasal hump

+1

It is impossible to say exactly what you need without and in-person exam.  However, the main issue is the boney hump.  This can be effectively take care of with a closed (all internal incisions) rhinoplasty.  An experienced board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon should be able to do this with a high degree of confidence.  -Best

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

You appear to have excellent chance of getting a good result since there seems to be rather thin to medium skin thickness. An experience surgeon will sculpt a natural looking nose for you. By the way, you can use Paint in Windows to blacken any part of the face or otherwise.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Risk of Rhinoplasty

+1

You will have a good result following rhinoplasty surgery if you select an experienced surgeon. Look at his results in patients similar to you. 

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

+1

Hump removal is  the most common feature that is shaved down during the primary rhinoplasty procedure. After the hump was removed, osteotomies will be required to close an open roof deformity.   Releasing the depressor septi ligament will prevent the tip from drooping down a  upon smiling. It is a good idea to seek out an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for best results. Please see the link  below for our photo gallery of  patients  in our practice with hump removal rhinoplasty  similar to your own

More tough case for rhinoplasty

+1

Any time rhinoplasty is more than hump removal, good judgement is required. Your skin appears thin and the tip sharp and projecting in need of rotation and support. Rhinoplasty is certainly worth the risk. It is important to choose a surgeon carefully.

Is my Nose a More Tough or Simple Case for Primary Rhinoplasty?

+1

A closed rhinoplasty could elevate the tip and reduce the hump and help achieve the look you want.  There will need to be osteotomies to close the open roof after the hump is removed.  In addition, the tip may need to be refined as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA