Why is my Nose More Swollen on Some Days? What Can I Do To Keep The Swelling Down?

I know this Q is probably asked way too many times and Ive read them all. However, I had my rhinoplasty two months ago. My nose was swollen before too but still looked a bit refined. Now, after two months the tip is so swollen it looks like a balloon. It also throbs from time to time. I'm not sure why but would really like to find out what I can do to keep the swelling down. And yes, I am aware that I won't see the final results until one year. Thank you. :)

Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you are a well informed patient, and I certainly applaud you for that.  Your best bet, of course, is to have your surgeon examine you.  There are many factors which could be at work here i.e., an allergy to suture, extreme temperature changes and possible infection.  Again though, sitting with your surgeon is your best bet at this time. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Swelling At 2 Months Post Surgery

+1

At 2 months post surgery, the patient cannot do much to reduce the nasal swelling accept resting and sleeping with a slightly elevated head.

That said, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon who knows the full details of your surgery and can examine your nose thoroughly; he/she may see that corticosteroid injections are of a certain help given to you.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nothing to do for 2 mos post rhinoplasty swelling.

+1

Nothing to do for 2 mos post rhinoplasty swelling and that is why you have seen nothing about what to do--be patient.