What Could Be Done to my Nose to Make It More in Proportion to my Face? (photo)

I think my nose is way too big for the rest of my features so if someone could tell me what could be done in regards to rhinoplasty or even just fillers and the cost and maybe provide images for what could be done, that would be great! Thanks so much

Making the nose proportionate to the face

+1

Narrowing the tip and bridge with hump removal can all be performed through closed rhinoplasty techniques to better balance the nasal features with the face.  Fillers are not recommended in the nose.  Please view our web site where patients can perform their own computer imaging.

Rhinoplasty or Fillers for Reduction

+1

First, I would say that your nose is very nice to start.   I would not recommend fillers in your case for the reduction of the nose.  Fillers work well to fill space or camouflage irregularities.  The tip could be reduced easily in 10 minutes through a closed rhinoplasty (no visible scars).  All of your expectations of the surgery should be discussed in detail.

Rhinoplasty will refine your nose.

+1

Hi.

Hard to answer since you don't show the rest of your features, but your nose looks fairly easy to improve.  It is not bad.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

What Could Be Done to my Nose to Make It More in Proportion to my Face?

+1

Aesthetically speakin, from the photos provided, the nose is wide across the nasal bridge and the tip is boxy in shape.  The chin is also weak which makes the nose appear larger than it truly is.  A Chin Implant as well as a Closed Rhinoplasty would refine the nose, augment the chin and balance the lower face.  The cheeks are also quite flat and could be augmented with a filler (I prefer Perlane) or Cheek Implants.  Hope this helps.

+1

The photos are very small and difficulst to evaluate to the detail, but first glance show that your nasal tip is bulbous and it appears that the nasal bones are wide as well. I am unable to evaluate whether you have a hump or not in the provided photos. My suggestion is to reduce some of the tip width by removing some, not every too much, of the lateral tip cartilages. The Nasal bones may need narrowing as well. Rhinoplasty surgery must be performed with a detailed plan, and this may require a cartilage graft to the tip from the septum. Your rhinoplasty surgeon can hep you with this decision and explain the benefits.

A rhinoplasty will help you tremendously as you have a small very pretty face, but your nose is slightly too big as suggested by you..

Good luck with this. Properly performed rhinoplasties are most gratifying.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Improving nasal proportions during rhinoplasty

+1

One of my mentors once told me, "You know who plastic surgery works best for? Pretty people!"  That being said, I think you are a great candidate for rhinoplasty.  Your nose from profile view is pretty.  As others have mentioned, your tip is a bit bulbous and with some softening and refinement would complement your other facial features instead of detracting from them.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

You are a good Rhinoplasty candidate

+1

Dear Molly, I would suggest reducing down the bulbous tip and thinning the nose via rhinoplasty. The dorsum may be minimally addressed as well. You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and should have a very nice result. Rhinoplasty will help the aesthetics of your facial features by reducing the tip and bringing more attention to your lovely eyes. I personally use a digital imaging computer during consultation which allows the patient to see their proposed surgical result and what needs to be done to achieve the desired result. I have hundreds of photographs that show before, imaging and then after photographs which allows the patient to see how close in proximity the imaging is to the final result. The fee would be given at the consultation appointment after direct examination. You do not need any fillers the desired result may be accomplished with rhinoplasty surgery. Best regards, Michael V. 
Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Nose issues

+1

I think that based solely on your photos, tip work would soften the look of the nsoe and its width.  It is best to see someone in person for a proper evaluation.

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nasal appearance/ proportions/ angles/ etc. appear to be pretty good but, you do have a broad bulbous tipped nose. An examination would be of great assistance. Consider writing down the three things you really do not like about your nose. It is OK to write down the same thing more than once. Take your concerns to a Rhinoplasty Surgeon. Ask them how they plan to address each issue. Tip Rhinoplasty's usually can run about $5,000 depending upon which part of the country you reside. Best,

Gary R Culbertson. MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Nose/Face Proportion

+1

1. the nose should fit the face

2. from your pictures your tip could be reduced and only minor changes needed to the dorsum.

3. fillers are not what you need

4. getting imaging at your surgeons office can help you see a possible result

5. be sure they evaluate your chin (it goes with face proportions)

6. cost $5000-6000 total (in my locality)

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon