Will my Nose Get Longer? Nose Done Too Small and Upturned! (photo)

Hello Doctors, I got revision open Rhinoplasty on Aug29th. I wanted my bridge to be lowered, my nose upturned slightly and thinned form the top since it was very very wide. I did not know that the doctor had a more aggressive approach in mind. I wanted to still keep my nose in uniform with my face but now when I look in the mirror I cannot recognize myself. Do u think the tip of the nose will drop alot further and my nose longer? I am so upset. I am scared of what my friends+ family will think

Will my Nose Get Longer? Nose Done Too Small and Upturned!

+1

Decisions about the final shape of the nose should not be made while the splint is in place and the nose is taped.

Will nose length improve?

+1

Dear Maria,

Do not despair. It is too early to worry about the long term shape of your nose. Give it time and see how it looks. Your tip will more than likely drop a bit and this will change the way you perceive the length. You have to allow the gross swelling to disappear and let nature take its course. Be patient.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon