My Nose Looks Longer then Before After Surgery. Is This Normal?

I had a procedure done on my nose, i had breathing problems and i had a bump the bump was remove but now my nose looks longer and the tip was lifted a little high i was wondering if the nose will look smaller over time the front view looks great...is there a speeding process for you healing?

Rhinoplasty bump removal

+1

Dear Jesse,

• It takes about 6 months for a primary (first time) rhinoplasty to fully heal
  • Taking down a bump can make the nose look long, but lifting the tip will shorten the nose
  • My feeling is that you are still early in the post op period and I would give it time to heal

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Rhinoplasty and nasal appearance

+1

Sometimes in taking down the nasal bump, the nose can appear to look longer. In addition, the tip can look longer when tip defining sutures are placed and with the early post-op swelling.  Give it time to heal.

Nose Longer Than Before Rinoplasty Surgery

+1

Pictures would be helpful. You do not mention when you had the operation. I recommend that you be patient and wait 6-9 months after surgery to consider a revision.