Will my Nose Look Like my Projected After Picture from my PS? Is This a Normal Amount of Swelling 2 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

I had closed septo/rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. No bones were broken. Bulbous tip reduced, centered, more defined, cartilage grafts were placed, and columella shortened a little. I wanted a very natural subtle result. My nose is bigger and more bulbous now than pre op and has different shape. Will my nose look like my projected after picture? Is it possible for my nose to wind up being bigger after? It's not like he put cotton balls up there! Hoping that you could offer peace of mind. Feeling down.

Please do not start to question your result at 2 weeks - Rhinoplasty

+2

Please do not start to question your result at 2 weeks.  Re-assess your result at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year. Give it a chance. 

2 weeks post-op

+2

2 weeks is very soon after surgery, and you will still have swelling, which can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. The nose continues to change as you heal, and the tip is usually the last to come around. In general, the final result of rhinoplasty may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. I would recommend giving it a bit more time and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Feeling down after rhinoplasty

+2

Your photos show you are off to a good start and even if you don't hit the prediction on the mark, you are looking better. Just look over this site and see how many are uncertain after rhinoplasty and waiting to heal.

Post-op swelling

+2

It is quite common to be anxious after rhinoplasty as you await for swelling to come down.  Especially if you had tip work done because swelling at the tip takes the longest to go away.  Be patient and follow up with your doctor since you trusted him in the first place.  At two weeks your swelling is normal and improve significantly.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Fairly normal looking nose two weeks after nose surgery.

+2

The slight asymmetry is probably a result of asymmetrical swelling. With time it should melt away in you should end up with a good result.

Will my Nose Look Like my Projected After Picture from my PS? Is This a Normal Amount of Swelling 2 Weeks Post Op?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD

+1

A few issues. Too early post op to see the issues due to swelling, wait at least 3 months! Second you fell into the pre op computer projected "trap" of how you would appear. Remember it is a computer image, thus your true in vivo results are ALWAYS different! 

2 Weeks Is Too Early

+1

You are likely to hear the same refrain again and again here.  2 weeks is very early after a Rhinoplasty and no judgement should be attempted at this point. Furthermore, since you trusted your Surgeon to do the surgery, I would advise you to trust his/her advice in this early postop period.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's too late to ask now.

+1

Ask you doctor -- he know what he did. You need to wait it takes a year to get the final result --- I never do computer imaging -- it is unaccurate and can be misleading.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD