Would I Be Able to Get my Nose to Look Like This with Alarplasty? (photo)

I generally like my nose/face, but I feel my nostrils gets in the way of the beauty of my other features. I don't mind my wider bridge, its my flared nostrils that drive me crazy. Would I be able to achieve the nose I want with alarplasty? (P.S. I also made my cheeks slightly bigger in the photo where I change my nose, I am also contemplating some very small cheek implants)

Would I Be Able to Get my Nose to Look Like This with Alarplasty?

+1

Dear Tiana,

Thank you for your question and photos.  I think a tipplasty, along with alarplasty will help achieve that result.  Slight narrowing the bridge will also help.  A profile photo is also needed to further the discussion.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

An alar base reduction can produce similar results.   The tip may or may not need refining as well depending upon exam and your goals.    Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Alarplasty to Narrow Base of Nose

+1

An alarplasty will narrow the base of the nose where the nostrils join the face but this procedure will not narrow the tip as you have morphed. However, your nasal work can be limited to just the tip and the base of your nose if that is your goal. Cheek implants can be placed at the same time.

alar plasty and cheek implants

+1

The goal of an alar-plasty is simply to reduce the base of the nose and the nostril width.   The alar-plasty will not narrow the tip cartilages or width of the tip.   The alar-pasty procedure can be performed under local anesthesia. Cheek implants are usually performed under general anesthesia whereby a Silastic implant is inserted through an intraoral approach directly over the maxilla to give more augmentation to the cheeks. Cheek implants come  in a variety of sizes and shapes depending upon his individual needs of the patient.  Please see the link below to our photo Gallery

Cheek implants and rhinoplasty

+1

The usually desired nostril base width is equal to the distance between the inner and outer corners of an eye. In your case the nostril base width is larger so your request is reasonable. In your morphed photo you have narrowed the base so it is now equivalent to the distance between the corners of the eye. That is easily done by removing a crescent of tissue in the outer corner of the nostril sill.

It is not clear that a cheek implant is a good option and your morphed photo looks like you want a submalar augmentation. You will not get that with the regular cheek implants. Implants with submalar components have a significant portion of implant with no underlying bone support which is why I prefer not to use them.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Achieving balance between nasal tip and base of nostrils

+1

Alarplasty alone may cause the tip of your nose to look bulbous in comparison.  Conservative alarplasty could be performed with Weir incisions to reduce the flare of your nostrils without significantly changing the width of your nostrils.  

Computer-morphing with your surgeon will help to determine if this alone, or other techniques in conjunction, will give you the best result.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD