Is my nose in the morning after "taping" while sleeping the same nose that I will see after swelling subsides? (Photo)

I had secondary rhinoplasty seven months ago. It was "open" and was all tip work. I understand that both of these things contribute to prolonged swelling. If I "tape" my nose while I sleep, in the morning, my nose is significantly smaller . However, within an hour it swells up again. My two questions: Will the nose I see after I remove the tape in the mornings be the nose that I see when all the swelling subsides? Also, is it pointless to tape after seven months? Thank you.

Postoperative taping

+1
Postoperative swelling after secondary rhinoplasty can take even longer to resolve than after the first surgery. Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. The amount of time it takes for this type of subtle swelling (shown in your photos) to completely resolve varies greatly as well. If you find taping still helps make a difference at 7 months postop then there is no harm doing this. However, it may take 12 to 24 months for postoperative swelling to completely resolve and for you to see the final result after your secondary rhinoplasty. You should continue to follow-up with surgeon to ensure that your nose is healing as planned.

Is my nose in the morning after "taping" while sleeping the same nose that I will see after swelling subsides?

+1
This issue needs to be addressed with your operative surgeon in person. My recommendation is continue taping but you should only follow the recommendations of your surgeon./// 

Nasal swelling

+1
If after you remove the tape, it looks smaller, then what your are probably seeing is swelling. Tape is unlikely to do anything for you at this point.

Taping after Secondary Rhinoplasty

+1
After seven months, there is no purpose to taping. Whether the eventual result that may or may not appear will resemble what it looks like after a night of compression remains to be seen. You will know that answer in 12 to 15 months after surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD