How Can my Nose Be Improved? (photo)

What I think I want: tip refinement (including lift), de-projecting it, elimination of the bump. What the PS said during my consultation: bringing in the side walls, tip refinement by cutting cartilage and sewing it together, eliminate bump (with slight slope). How much more complicated would reducing the nostril size be? I'm also not concerned with "preserving my ethnicity" and just want a cute nose that looks good at every angle in smallest and most feminine way my face can support.

Rhinoplasty for ethnic nasal shapes

An open rhinoplasty technique designed to reduce the width and dorsal height of your nose, in addition to refining the tip can be accomplished in a reliable fashion. Techniques used would include dorsal hump reduction, tip refinement with cartilage trimming and suture techniques, and osteotomies to narrow the width of the nose. You should have a nice result that complements your attractive facial features.

Retaining ethnicity

With your photos, you would be an excellent candidate to be imaged in order to put everything in proportion. This will allow you to see the amount of changes that could be accomplished. Tip refinement, hump reduction, nostril size reduction, tip retro-displacement could nicely be demonstrated to you through imaging.

David Ellis MD

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty will refine your nose.

Going by your pictures, you have easy anatomy to improve.  Your nose is slightly tall, slightly long, slightly wide, and the tip is not well defined.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Ethnic rhinoplasty

You are correct that the key is to preserve your ethnicity. A nose has to fit your face, and there is no perfect "ideal". It's all about refining the contour and the shape. Taking down the bridge a little bit, refining the nasal tip cartilages, increasing the rotation slightly, and a subtle reduction in the flare of your nostrils will help to achieve that.

Make sure to choose a surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty.

-Dr. Asaria

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

A rhinoplasty can accomplish the concerns that you have.  The dorsal hump can be taken down, the nasal width improved and the tip refined.

Rhinoplasty to feminize your nose.

All that you mentioned along with narrowing the base can be done. The most important part of this is to make sure you select a surgeon who does natural noses and speak with his patients. 

Reducing Nostril Size

Your nostrils can be narrowed by reducing the width of the nasal base. A slight elevation of the columella will also camouflage the the size of your nostrils.

Nose Improvement with Rhinoplasty

The tip can be refined and lifted, the bump can be removed, and the dorsum narrowed.   The nostrils can be reduced as well.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Improving nose

Yes, I can see that refining your tip would help with your overall goals with surgery. It should be possible to reduce the size of you nostrils as well. It's a common maneuver in my practice but you do want to make sure your surgeon is experienced with this step.

Check out my web reference link below to learn more about reducing tip and nostril size.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

Hello 'FerreroRocher', thanks for your question.  You are a great candidate for an ethnic rhinoplasty surgery.  This procedure addresses and improves upon the many common qualities of the ethnic nose, including a widened nasal dorsum, bulbous boxy tip, prominent dorsum hump, weak tip support, and thick sebaceous nasal tissue.  With a combination of cartilage trimming, tip refining sutures, nasal bone osteotomies, and conservative defatting, you can achieve a significant improvement to the contour and appearance of your nose. Although there is a way to reduce the nostril size using Weir excision technique, I am not sure you will need that.  Be sure you go to a board-certified plastic surgeon to address your concerns, and as long as you have realistic expectations, you should be happy with your results.  Good luck!

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon