My Nose is Horrible. What Can I Do to Improve It? (photo)

I have what I think is a large nose. What could be done to improve the appearance of it? I feel that my nose is big and unattractive. I have also been told it is long before. Out of Interest im wondering what you would do to improve the appearence of my nose and make it more feminine? It feels straight when I feel down the front, but when I feel down the sides there seems to be two bumps that stick out slightly at the upper middle portion of my nose.

Rhinoplasty to correct a large nose

+1

As others have commented, your nose is not horrible. It really does take an in-person consultation to look at the rest of your facial features to formulate a surgical plan that is both realistic and amenable to your goals. You do have a hump on the nose and the upper third is a bit wide. There are a variety of techniques to correct such deformities and most are relatively straight forward to correct these areas of concern. I hope this helps and good luck!

Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Nose is Horrible. What Can I Do to Improve

+1

Best is not the internet but seeing a fvew boarded rhinoplasty docs IN PERSON. Than you can discuss your desires and wishes in detail. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

While it is difficult to fully assess your nose based on the 2 views you've provided, it appears you would benefit from a hump reduction or possibly a nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  It is hard to see how big your nose actually is in relation to the other features of your face, so a consultation is recommended.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Improving appearance of nose

+1

A hump reduction can be performed to remove the dorsal irregularities and hump.  The hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and is removed.  Once that is performed, both medial and lateral osteotomies will need to be performed, to narrow and effect change in the glabella area as well as the nasal dorsum.  This will also narrow the bridge line.  After the osteotomies are performed, the nasal bridge line should match the existing nasal tip.

Rhinoplasty for Large Nose

+1

Although it is clear that you are unhappy with the appearance of you your nose, rest assured it is far from horrible.  However, there are options for treating your "dorsal hump."  Surgical rhinoplasty is commonly performed for humps on the nose and is highly effective.  A less known approach is a non-surgical rhinoplasty to mask the hump.  This approach is done in the office with no down-time, is reversible if needed, and lasts for approximately a year.  Do your research and only seek experienced board-certified nasal surgeons before pursuing any procedure.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

My Nose is Horrible. What Can I Do to Improve It?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for 25 years and aesthetically speaking, you do not have a horrible nose at all.  You have a large dorsal hump and a slightly under-roataed nasal tip.  Rhinoplasty can reduce the nasal hump and rotate the tip up slightly.  Be sure that the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facail (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally , more attractive nose and face.  Hope this helps. 

Horrible

+1

A full consultation with a Cosmetic Surgeon will help you more than ever at this time in your life!!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving Large Nose

+1

A large nose can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. A more specific response would be possible if you provide better pictures. Please go to my website for instructions on what nasal views to submit for a rhinoplasty evaluation.