Is my nose healing normal? (photo)

I have pictures to show what i mean, i prefered my nose 1 month post op than 2 and a half months post op, why is my nose healing and looking worse? Also the tip is drooping the more it heals, why is this? I love how 'up' my tip looked on the first photo.

Is my nose healing normal?

+1

This is difficult to evaluate without an exam.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Healing after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although it's hard to tell based upon these two photos alone, it does appear that your tip may have dropped a little. As the swelling in the base of the nose goes down, the tip will normally come down a little bit. Also it appears that you have supra tip enlargement that may be swelling or scar tissue. That appearance can also occur if the tip loses projection after rhinoplasty. It's best to see your surgeon for a direct examination. He or she might be able to help this with a steroid injection. It's important to have some patience here as the process for full healing and resolution of swelling truly takes at least a year. Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Nose and swelling

+1

At two months out, your nose is still swollen. It will take a year and sometimes longer for you to see the final result.

Your nose is still healing.

+1

It takes 6-12 months for "final" results to be seen, and usually there is continual and subtle resolution of swelling and softening of the nasal tissues. Sensation also returns over this time span.

Frankly, I don't see a huge change in tip position between your photographs, but there is a bit of supratip fullness that may be due to scar tissue. Direct examination is required for definitive recommendation, but I might consider a conservative steroid injection to help reduce this slight unwanted fullness, which might be causing the appearance of droop.

Basically, your nose is still a work in progress, slow and annoying though that may be! Be patient and review your concerns with your surgeon. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon