Why is my Nose Hard 2 Years After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

surgery for the first time about 6 years ago, then decided my nose was still to big and went again 2 years ago. my nose looks bigger than it did before. one side of my nose bridge has a hump. and the other side of my nose is hard and looks swollen. what happened?!! is it scar tissue? i know i have thick skin, but can it be corrected to look small? i dont understand why the surgeon did nothing i asked! and as you can see my nose nose shifted to one side. towards the swollen hard side.

Nose Had and Asymmtrical 2 Years Post Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Scar tissue, asymmetrical cartilage removal or contouring, or loss of structural support can cause the problems you describe and demonstrate with the pictures. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist so you can achieve the best possible result.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Me14602,

• If you are thinking about another surgery to fix this issue, please see a rhinoplasty specialist
  • It is going to be difficult for a novice surgeon
  • Your other option is to try a filler along the left side to make it more symmetric with the right
  • The nose is likely hard because of the cartilage grafting that supports the nose, it may soften over time, sometimes, appropriately placed steroid injections can help soften the nose

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Hardness 2 yrs after rhinoplasty

+1

Chances are the stiffness is from scar tissue. The unevenness may be due to multiple causes, but most likely uneven cartilage removal, asymmetric placement or scar contraction.

You would require a Revision surgery to fix these problems. I would seek an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon