My Nose Has Been Growing More and More Crooked over Time. Why is It Doing This ?

I am 15 and when I was a child it wasn't even a problem but as time went one of my eyes was getting higher then the other and it was noticable in photos. Then I started to notice that my nose was getting slanted and crooked and was moving off to the right. I am worried I really want to know why this is happening?I want to know of I would need surgery or if my nose will somehow correct itself? Now my eyes aren't much of a problem it seems to be as I've grown it fixed itself.

Crooked and deviated nose

+1

During and following puberty, the nose and midface can grow rapidly. 

This rapid growth can create facial and nasal deformity, deviation and asymmetry.

Usually the septal deviation can lead to nasal deviation and asymmetry.

Once you stop growing and everything has stabalized, you can have septoplasty and rhinoplasty procedure done and this can correct the asymmetry and crookedness of the nose.

Hope this helps,

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nose Growing Crooked over Time

+1

The teens represent a stage of rapid facial and nasal growth and it is very common for nasal asymmetry to manifest in this way.  By age 16 or 17 the growth should stabilize and you can have rhinoplasty +/- septoplasty to address the asymmetry

Sam Naficy, MD

Nose growing deviated with time

+1

You're at an age when there is quite a bit of facial growth. It is during this time that deviations can become more evident (without having any trauma). It's unlikely that the nose will straighten itself own its own, but once you have stopped growing in the next couple years you could have a surgery to straighten the nose.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nose Growing More Crooked

+1

You are experiencing puberty when your nose grows and the deviation becomes more obvious. Your crooked nose will not improve with time but can be corrected with a rhinoplasty in the future.

Nose and shape

+1

At 15 you are probably still going through puberty and growth. The nose is often one of the  last body parts to complete growth.    It can be fixed when you have completed growing.  For women usually by 15 or 16, For men by 17 or 18.

The nasal septum determines a straight or crooked nose.

+1

When I was a resident I was taught "as the septum goes, so goes the nose," The top third of the nose is bone. The lower 2/3 cartilage. A crooked nose, which is usually the lower 2/3 has to do with angulation of outer parts of the nasal septum. A crooked nose is often associates with an internally deviated septum as well. Unfortunately if this is the case as a teenager, it will not straighten itself out. A specialist in rhinoplasty can help you get a straighter nose, and help the breathing as well if you have nasal obstruction.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Crooked Nose

+1

There may be an underlying reason why your nose is becoming more crooked with time.  Generally, the underlying anatomy has to be examined as a deviated septum can cause what you are describing.  Please consult with a board certified specialist for a proper examination to assess your underlying anatomy and who can best guide you towards achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD